Show Off Your Seeds !

dragonsfly

Here are my two finds that may or may not belong in this thread. I assume that these are seeds, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Sorry, I'm completely new to this. I found the small one on the left in the Wilwood formation, Eocene, Bighorn Basin WY. it is about 4mm in length. The fruit/nut looking one came from a piece of sandstone I split a few miles from the first. It's 2cm long. I don't know the formation yet.

post-8966-0-40872100-1351296720_thumb.jpg

post-8966-0-39829300-1351296758_thumb.jpg

The first one is a hackberry seed; while there is some chance that it is a fossil, it could very easily be recent.

The second one sure has the look of a seed, with part of the rind (superficially similar to a hickory nut), but I don't know for sure what it is.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi. Here are my best seeds. I found them in West Yorkshire, UK. They are Upper Carboniferous (Coal Measures.) All of them are Trigonocarpus parkinsonii. One of them measures 25mm, which is very large for the species.

Daniel

post-21610-0-25704300-1468175691_thumb.jpg

Archived