Fossil Circular Patterns?

Rodney

Nickel size fossil rock removed from a dried up river bed southern Ga. USA. Any ideas what the circular patterns are? Picture taken with a stereo microscope aprox. 30x.

Rodney

post-4121-0-14275000-1331133960_thumb.jpg

A picture of the whole spaceman would be helpful...what other fossils have you found there? Pics of them?

Until I enlarged the picture (good one, incidentally!), I thought they might be beekite rings, but none of them are concentric, so I doubt it.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Looks like a bryozoan to me, maybe Paleogene,

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

This area in southern Ga. would certainly be paleogene. I have a few more of these and I may post them at a later date.

Thank you.

Rodney,,

Even though the microscoptic picture shows some good details I can provide a slightly better picture than this one. Most all of my fossils are in a display case with a little glue to the back side of the matrix. I had this one out last year before mount when I took the picture.

If another picture is needed for identification I will be glad to provide that a little later.

Rodney,, Ga. USA