Two Fossil Shows In Texas

jkfoam

There are two fossil shows coming up soon here in Texas.

FOSSILMANIA

Oct 27,28,29, 2007

Somervell County Expo Center

Glen Rose, Texas

(Southwest of Ft. Worth, TX)

FOSSIL FEST

Nov 2,3,4, 2007

Old Settlers Assn HQ

Old Settlers Park

Hiway 79 Round Rock, TX

(North of Austin TX)

Both of these shows are worth attending.

JKFoam

The Eocene is my favorite

jkfoam,

I was suppose to make the Glen Rose Show today. I have all my best fossils packed & ready. We, my wife & I, were to meet Roz & another forum member & show them what can be found here, but --- I'm in the process of making my doctor's Mercedes payments for the next several months via Blue Cross / Blue Shield. : ) Did a Cat Scan Wednesday & have more tests to run next month. We used our show & gas money on co-payments. Oh well, maybe next year. : ) I gave Roz an open invititation to come by the ole homestead for a fossil "show & tell" & maybe fossil slides (if I can find them). I am extending this invititation to you & all the members here who would like to drop by. E Mail me & give me a few days notice. Put FOSSILS in the subject to keep it from being recognized as "Spam." My E Mail is:

mowens41usa@webtv.net

Mike

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

There was also lots of stuff like collections of Pleistocene period bones, dinosaur material, more shark teeth, reference books, etc.

Lance,

Thanks for posting the pics. It looked like it was a good show.

JKFoam

The Eocene is my favorite

Great photos! Wish I could have made it.

I see a couple of my DPS buddies were vendors there. Mercer Brugler sells the cool cut and polished Calycoceras tarrantense ammonites from the Arlington area (Woodbine fm) and Robert Bowen was selling Green River fish after spending a summer commercially collecting in WY. I opted not to attend the show this year and went collecting instead...with many of the best collectors in TX under one roof I figured it was a great time for me to hit the field - hehehe. Got some good ammonites, echinoids, and shark teeth as a result.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

jkfoam,

I was suppose to make the Glen Rose Show today. I have all my best fossils packed & ready. We, my wife & I, were to meet Roz & another forum member & show them what can be found here, but --- I'm in the process of making my doctor's Mercedes payments for the next several months via Blue Cross / Blue Shield. : ) Did a Cat Scan Wednesday & have more tests to run next month. We used our show & gas money on co-payments. Oh well, maybe next year. : ) I gave Roz an open invititation to come by the ole homestead for a fossil "show & tell" & maybe fossil slides (if I can find them). I am extending this invititation to you & all the members here who would like to drop by. E Mail me & give me a few days notice. Put FOSSILS in the subject to keep it from being recognized as "Spam." My E Mail is: mowens41usa@webtv.net

Mike

Hope that you are getting good results from Dr. Mercedes! LOL

Fossils don't often prompt me to think about my own mortality. Odd, isn't it, that I am fascinated with the remains of creatures which struggled to survive, then perished as do all living things. Yet, my own struggle to survive feels somehow outside of that long march of individuals and species. It's an illusion, I guess. We are all marching down the same path.

I wish you a long and uncomplicated march, Mike.

--------Harry Pristis

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Hope that you are getting good results from Dr. Mercedes! LOL

Fossils don't often prompt me to think about my own mortality. Odd, isn't it, that I am fascinated with the remains of creatures which struggled to survive, then perished as do all living things. Yet, my own struggle to survive feels somehow outside of that long march of individuals and species. It's an illusion, I guess. We are all marching down the same path.

I wish you a long and uncomplicated path, Mike.

--------Harry Pristis

Thanks for the good wish, Harry! I will take all I can get. :) Round one good news. Cat scan negative!

Great news for sure, glad to hear it!

Thanks Roz! Hope you enjoyed the show.

Yes, a lot of fantastic fossils but I am a hunter at heart. I usually just buy a few books or maps. Nothing replaces actually finding a creature (for me anyway)!

:D

Welcome to the forum!

I'm with you Roz. Collecting is where its at for me. I gladly embrace the fact that success or failure afield depends to a large degree on my own planning and willingness to press deep into the outback. In fact I relish trips to the really remote, untouched exposures the most. I enjoy the adventure as much as owning the specimens. I savor the whole process from planning a trip all the way through prep and whipping out Riker mounts when friends come over.

Inflation is catching up with me however and my big diesel Ford is a thirsty beast, so I've sold off a few echinoids lately. 8 specimens sold last week will pay for my next 3 weekend trips - not a bad deal. While I don't buy many fossils, I'm glad other people do.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Yes, a lot of fantastic fossils but I am a hunter at heart. I usually just buy a few books or maps. Nothing replaces actually finding a creature (for me anyway)!

:D

Amen! :) It's all about the hunt & the friendly competition among friends as to who can find the best fossil. I miss the 4 to 8 mile walks on the Sulpher River. It's so peaceful there. I've only purchased a half dozen fossils. The rest were found by my wife & me. There is more satisfaction in finding your own. :D