Sign in to follow this  
Auspex

What Should Everyone Know About Paleontology?

Auspex

This link was posted by jwcounts, on March 9, 2012.

It seems to me that it would be very useful to keep it available for reference!

LINK

Fruitbat

It is VERY eloquently stated and presents pretty much all of the 'essential' truths as we now know them.

-Joe

JimB88

that was good. I did have to leave an argument about the whole "The early humans managed to colonize much of the planet; shortly after their arrival into new worlds, nearly all the large-bodied native species disappeared" comment. The main argument against the "kill" theory of the mass extinction of the Pleistocene being the continent of Africa (which didnt experience a mass die off to the same scale as other parts of the world despite have a higher population of Humans.) Just my 21/2 cents. :D

Auspex

I think that, in Africa, there was some co-evolution; in regions where man was a newcomer, the existing fauna fared poorly.

middletown

one of the hypotheis for extinction not only for the animals but also the Neanderthals is being in contact with the Cromagnon and their illnesses, hyperdisease. Now, if Africa and Asia did not have a high extiction rate (animals), it may be possible that having a larger population of cromagnon took care of the contagion variable (in ref to the immune system).