Ohio Trilobite

fossil hunter 44

Your post made me curious, so I Googled "Fossil Park". What a great thing! Devonian quarry trailings brought in and dumped in piles; wheelchair accessable and free! I wish something like this was within reach of every school district in the U.S.

BTW: nice trilo. What I read indicated that they're not at all common there.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice trilobite!

Auspex, they also have a free Fossil Park in Rockford, Iowa.

Great idea, and sure wish more states had them.

Welcome to the forum!

we also found a lot of brachoipods.

I have a soft place for Mucrospirifer; as a boy, it was the first fossil I could identify (by Genus, anyway).

Here's Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mucrospirifer

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

That's a nice teaser.... I love them and hate them, but you just can't pass them up.... I watched an expert in action and he was just tossing specimens like that over his shoulder, like they were trash. I stood there aghast.

Even though it's not complete, it's a keeper. That spot gets picked pretty hard, right? I've been finding a lot of this type of stuff at a construction site lately... I keep spending so much time there thinking eventually I'll get something nice, complete, well preserved.... When I first started I guess I had beginner's luck. Now it's getting so...painful.

Nice fossil!

Fossil park.....I am jealous!

Not easy in Illinois! You have to know how to look for fossils in Illinois! If lucky to let you in quarry! Roadcuts and creeks is the next best thing! Steep rockwalls have fossils but dangerous! I always keep eye on any river, parks, lakes and roads that add rocks from quarries then I take look at rocks. Some best fossils I found came from rocks as rip rap dam of manmade lakes and large dam of river! Even some rocks under or both side of the bridges, too!