WTB dictionary

flyguy784

I'm looking for a dictionary of Paleontologic terms. I recently purchased a great dictionary for Geologic terms but can't find one for Paleontology. Anyone have a recommendation? Need it to keep up with some of you guys on here.

That would come in real handy; some of the papers I read are pretty dense, and I have to figure out too many of the terms on a word-by-word basis.

If I need a special term when I post something, I just make it up... ;)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Flyguy,

Try this website by the USGS, it may help. http://geology.er.usgs.gov/paleo/glossary.shtml

Also, The index in the Paleontology textbook "Invertebrate Fossils", by R.C. Moore, C.G. Lalicker, and A.G. Fischer, McGraw-Hill, 1952 is really good. The Text is out of print I think but copies are available through Amazon.com, halfprice.com, etc.

JKFoam

The Eocene is my favorite

Geology dictionaries should have paleontology terms in them; they used to ...

not so anymore, unfortunatly.

Guest solius symbiosus

Hmmm, then I would recommend a text. The one mentioned is a good one have, but for about the same amount of money, you can find something more current. I would recommend E. N. K. Clarkson's "Invertebrate Paleontology and Evolution".