Couple pics from today

Ramo

Here are a couple in situ photos. One photo shows a broken tooth, and to the right of it next to the black rock is the broken off part. Nice to find the broken off piece for a change!!

post-40-1220898209_thumb.jpg

post-40-1220898262_thumb.jpg

post-40-1220898296_thumb.jpg

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

I'd be happy to make them smaller, if I knew how!!

-Aldo Leopold

Hi Bowkill,

Your software should have the facility to alter the size. Once in your folder right click the pic and open it with your Photoshop or whatever programme and select "Format", then select "Resize image". Make the maximum, "pixel dimension" something like 800 or 1000. Select "maintain proportions" Then close the pic, you will be asked if you want to save the changes, select yes.

Hope this helps.

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.

Hi Bowkill,

Your software should have the facility to alter the size. Once in your folder right click the pic and open it with your Photoshop or whatever programme and select "Format", then select "Resize image". Make the maximum, "pixel dimension" something like 800 or 1000. Select "maintain proportions" Then close the pic, you will be asked if you want to save the changes, select yes.

Hope this helps.

Just don't do that to your original picture file. Make a copy first.

Bowkill,

I happened to like the large photos (that are sharp & bright), as you can go to 200% magnification & get incredible detail. These are sharp, but a bit dark (overcast day?). I know if you have to use dial-up it's a pain in the lower postier to scroll back & forth to view it all. I changed over to AT&T & am now spoiled with the viewing difference. To be fair to all, we need to cut the size down. Like you, I didn't know how till I asked for help. I think I have been doing a better job with my photos lately, as I have been cropping them. At least no one's complained if they are still too large.

Mike

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

My program is a Kodak program, and if I right click, it doesn't give me the "format" option. It does have edit, but when I try that it only allows me to crop, flip, and do other things, but I can't find where to resize the photo. Any Ideas?

-Aldo Leopold

It's probably in there somewhere. Not always apparent.

You can open your photo with Paint (which should be on your Windows system already) (right click on the file name in Windows Explorer and click on "Open With", then "Paint"), click on "Image" then "Stretch/Skew" on the pull down menu. Put in 50% (or whatever) for the Horizontal and Vertical values. Then save as a new file name. That is a quick and dirty way. You could have also selected "Attributes" and put in inch, cms, or pixel sizes, but your would have to do the math for the other direction. Some programs will automatically do it for you.

I didn't explain that very well.

My camera is a Kodak easyshare C433. I right click the picture and send it to "my documents", a message pops up saying "the target cannot handle this type of document" click ok, it will go to "my doc's", move it to "my pic's" and copy. Right click the copy and open with the software that came with the computer, in my case, Microsoft Picture It. Photo Standard 9. Work on it in there.

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.