LEE CREEK AURORA, NC FALL SLOTS AVAILABLE!

brsr0131

Alright here it is..... I managed to get a few slots for "The Fossil Forum". I was very lucky to be able to get these and would like to thank PCS for the chance to find the big one. The date is November 1, 2008. I am opening it up to people who have never been to Aurora before or who didnt get a chance to get a slot for the fall season. I will decide who will be awarded the slots but remember i only have a few. There are a couple of rules that you need to know:

1. You must be 18 years old.

2. You must wear steal toe shoes.

3. You must wear long a long sleeve shirt and long pants..NO tank tops or shorts!!

4. You have to wear a hard hat. They do provide them but i suggest buying one from Lowes or somewhere. They can not be white as all the guides where the white hats and no funky styles.

5. You have to have you I.D. with you to prove you are who you are. If you do not follow these rules you will not be allowed in and that would be a real bummer.

I can not promise that this day will be a good day or not because NC weather is very tricky....I should know im a Meteorologist for the Marine Corps and it could be rained out but only if its really heavy rain or thunderstorms.

Hopefully i will be able to get a few slots for "The Fossil Forum" for some years to come to be able to give some people a chance of a lifetime.

If you are interested send me a PM or reply in this post. I will check it constantly.

Remember it has to be a definate that you can make the trip.

Good Luck,

brsr0131

post-239-1220916747_thumb.jpg

Cris and I are going to Try and Be there we will know well in advance if we cannot make it but i think for a trip like this we will make it even if we have to walk all the way from florida :P

All the slots have been filled but if it comes close to the date check around for a post from me just incase there is an opening.

I just can't seem to get lucky with an Aroura trip. Thanks for the oppertunity.

There's a post here somewhere for some Fossil Forum slots that were negotiated;

If I come across it, I'll bump it.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

There's a post here somewhere for some Fossil Forum slots that were negotiated;

If I come across it, I'll bump it.

Er, would that be the ones above? :P

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.

Alright here it is..... I managed to get a few slots for "The Fossil Forum". I was very lucky to be able to get these and would like to thank PCS for the chance to find the big one. The date is November 1, 2008. I am opening it up to people who have never been to Aurora before or who didnt get a chance to get a slot for the fall season. I will decide who will be awarded the slots but remember i only have a few. There are a couple of rules that you need to know:

1. You must be 18 years old.

2. You must wear steal toe shoes.

3. You must wear long a long sleeve shirt and long pants..NO tank tops or shorts!!

4. You have to wear a hard hat. They do provide them but i suggest buying one from Lowes or somewhere. They can not be white as all the guides where the white hats and no funky styles.

5. You have to have you I.D. with you to prove you are who you are. If you do not follow these rules you will not be allowed in and that would be a real bummer.

I can not promise that this day will be a good day or not because NC weather is very tricky....I should know im a Meteorologist for the Marine Corps and it could be rained out but only if its really heavy rain or thunderstorms.

Hopefully i will be able to get a few slots for "The Fossil Forum" for some years to come to be able to give some people a chance of a lifetime.

If you are interested send me a PM or reply in this post. I will check it constantly.

Remember it has to be a definate that you can make the trip.

Good Luck,

brsr0131

"Er, would that be the ones above?"

Yup :blush:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Just curious, how many slots did the Forum get this time around? I see from a posting by Maryland Mike elsewhere that demand for slots has risen so much that his local gem and mineral club, which received slots this past spring, didn't receive any for the fall.

Besides fossils,

I collect roadcuts,

Stream beds,

Winter beaches:

Places of pilgrimage.

Jasper Burns, Fossil Dreams

that is corect. there were so many requests for slots that there was a 10 slot max per club and the ones that didnt get it for the fall i think will have first dibs in the spring. but dont quote me on that.

I think it was mentioned that, because they got in during the spring is why they couldn't get slots for the fall. To give others a chance.

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.

Ernie and I will be going in on Oct. 12, 2008 and I quess we will leave some fossils for you. We have some friends that are guides and we get scoops on the hot spots where most of the fossils are being collected. I will pass this on plus give you our insights on the areas we go to while there if anyone would like. We belong to the Aurora Fossil Museum and get our slots from them but pay $80.00 a year to belong. We belong to the North Carolina Fossil Club too but there get limited slots too.

Edited by lawooten

The best days are spent collecting fossils

Ernie and I will be going in on Oct. 12, 2008 and I quess we will leave some fossils for you. We have some friends that are guides and we get scoops on the hot spots where most of the fossils are being collected. I will pass this on plus give you our insights on the areas we go to while there if anyone would like. We belong to the Aurora Fossil Museum and get our slots from them but pay $80.00 a year to belong. We belong to the North Carolina Fossil Club too but there get limited slots too.

I'm going on the 12th as well. Hope I figure out who you are so I can follow you all to the "hot spots" B) .

Besides fossils,

I collect roadcuts,

Stream beds,

Winter beaches:

Places of pilgrimage.

I'm going on the 12th as well. Hope I figure out who you are so I can follow you all to the "hot spots" B) .

Here is a pic of me (but with make up) and a pic of Ernie so you will know who we are. Please introduce yourself to us when you see us at the Aurora trip. Where are you coming from?

post-764-1221571697.jpg

post-764-1221571732_thumb.jpg

Ill be there the 27th of Sept. with the friends, i will let you know what its like. will anyone else be there that day????

Ill be there the 27th of Sept. with the friends, i will let you know what its like. will anyone else be there that day????

I wonder if they have a new area? You guys should have a great time after all the rain too but could use all the herds up we can get.

i have seen the area from the parking lot. its the same as last season except its moved to the north by like 3-4 hills. with them moving so fast the material doesnt have enough time to get weathered so we should see the same results as last time. i guess we will have to see.

Ok then let's see all the posting of the fossil finds at Lee Creek in Aurora after the trip.

Here is a pic of me (but with make up) and a pic of Ernie so you will know who we are. Please introduce yourself to us when you see us at the Aurora trip. Where are you coming from?

I'm coming down from Maryland. I'll look for you all, and I'll be the one wearing a yellow hard hat and steel-toed boots, no, wait . . . .

Besides fossils,

I collect roadcuts,

Stream beds,

Winter beaches:

Places of pilgrimage.

I'm coming down from Maryland. I'll look for you all, and I'll be the one wearing a yellow hard hat and steel-toed boots, no, wait . . . .

Ok will see you guys there and I have an orange hat and Ernie will have a yellow one also.

I still haven't hear anything about the slots I wanted for one of those days down there. :( Has anyone else not gotten a response yet?

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

I still haven't hear anything about the slots I wanted for one of those days down there. :( Has anyone else not gotten a response yet?

You need to e mail them so they didn't forget you.