that about a Paleontologist accused of stealing fossil

va paleo

Guest N.AL.hunter

I hope it is just a misunderstanding. It sounds like he did report his most important finds, so I can't tell if he did anything illegal, but you never know. Money can change anyone (please someone change me and contribute to my checking account).

...Money can change anyone (please someone change me and contribute to my checking account).

Desire is what drives ethical transgressions; money is just one line-item on the list.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest N.AL.hunter
Desire is what drives ethical transgressions; money is just one line-item on the list.

So I am really up sh-t creek cause I desire Money!!

This guy has done nothing but damage everyone on this forum and all fossil hunters everywhere. He agreed to tell hammonds about anything he found on the site but did not in this instance for stupid reasons with him admitting that he did not tell about it because he was afraid a price tag would be put on it. Not only that but he then lied about where he found it. He is a theif and a disgrace to all of palentology and i hope that he has the full force of the law brought down on him. I would imagine a fossil of this magnitude would have a heafty price therefore it would be grand theft and i hope he goes to jail and is heavily fined. Like i said he has done nothing but damage all of us and palentology in general. For all you long time collectors out there take a minute to reflect on the number of collecting sites where things such as this and similar things have happed so the land owners now refuse to allow people to collect there. Just one more idiot making us all look bad, such a shame the world is full of crooks.

Guest Nicholas

It is for this very reason why I report ALL unique or odd finds to the local Fossil Center and it's superiors. If they were to examine the fossils found here on my island and found something significant (I've learned what they are interested in vs what they are not) that I did not share with them. I'm in danger of being fined, loosing my entire locally collected specimens and more. Thus I report things I am unsure of asking for an ID, if they are interested they will ask me to bring it. If not they will either ID it for me or just not bother with me. I try to stay on neutral terms with them that way we help each other.

I don't know much about law, but could Carl's statement lead to a law suit against the owners of the forum?

From what I read in the link, he is alleged to have stolen. Until he is proven guilty, the statement made here by Carl, "He is a thief" is, surely, libelous.

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.