I Found A Triceratops!

chele

Congrats on an amazing find! I would love to live in an area where i would be able to make a discovery like yours, but since i live in central Pa that's not going to happen. Best of luck in getting a large amount for your find!

Hello everybody, sorry I have not been around much. It is a very busy time here working the cattle and the crops. We went out for a little bit just before dark last night and I dug up a very nice section of the frill. The spark was ignighted! We are going out this morning to continue the dig. Later we are going to hook up with Clayton Phips(dinosaur Cowboy) and Chris from CK Preparations of Ft. Peck where the dueling dinos are being prepped. It is going to be an exciting day! I will post photos this evening.

Chelebele

I am sorry I did not post any photos yesterday, we got home pretty late. We got over to Ft Peck where the dinos were and we ended up staying longer than we planned. The dueling dinos are awesome! After seeing them in person you really want to go out and dig hard! Just the size of both of them are amazing. The most amazing part is that all the bones are there. There are quite a few other dinos in the shop that are in the process of being prepped. One is a triceratops. It is quite a bit smaller than the one we found but the skull is pretty much in one piece. I can not wait to get mine out of the dirt. We went up to my site after visiting with the folks at CK Preparations and dug around for awhile. After seeing all the dinos we had to go dig! We were unearthing some nice bones when all of a sudden Blaine dug up a huge claw!! It is not from the Triceratops and Blaine thinks it is from a T Rex! Once I get it prepped out I will post some photos of it. I have been trying to upload some photos but I keep getting this message, the server returned an error during upload. I will try later.

Chelebele

For some reason these are the only photos I can put on. All the photos are under 1MB. The first photo is a lower jaw of a triceratops and the second is the Nano from the dueling dinos. Blaine made a video of the dueling dinos. Clayton Phipps gave us a walk through and showed us some very interesting stuff!

post-5476-0-63750600-1346204601_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-70737200-1346204762_thumb.jpg

Chelebele

My goodness, they are beautifully preserved!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Good stuff Chele, I think you and Blaine have a lot of people jealous..

I like the dino descendants cackling in the background of the video, sounds like the fossil shed back at my old place!

Chele,

Thanks for the updates and the pics of your field trip! :D

Regards,

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

That's so awesome

" We're all puppets, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings. "

Wow!!!! and that is from a pretty jaded dino hunter. That is a pair of spectacular specimens. Thanks for posting the video, chele. I've heard about these things, but now I can almost say I've seen them. ceratopsian skin !! Articyulated gastralia!!! Great stuff. Good work Chris and Katie and Clayton.

Michele, You need to change the title of this post from "I found a Triceratops" to "I found THE Triceratops". I should like to meet this huge and perfect guy in person :)))

Your dinosaur is for the paleontology as the Riaces bronze warriors are for the archeology, really :o :o :o

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/

Finally! I do not know why I could not load this photo before. This Triceratops was found just a few miles from the house two years ago. They have yet to put the horns on. It is smaller than ours. I can not wait til ours is all done!

post-5476-0-99030900-1346382404_thumb.jpg

Chelebele

I wish I had a fossil that needed its own pallet.... :)

Nice pieces, especially the preview to your Tri'ops.

Context is critical.

For some reason these are the only photos I can put on. All the photos are under 1MB. The first photo is a lower jaw of a triceratops and the second is the Nano from the dueling dinos. Blaine made a video of the dueling dinos. Clayton Phipps gave us a walk through and showed us some very interesting stuff!

A huge congrats and thanks to Blaine for making this excellent video and to you for sharing it and your fascinating photos, as well...

All this breathtaking scenary is giving us the chance to admire some details of this unusual process, but on the other hand it reveals how difficult is a reconstruction of a monster like these and how unreachable it is to us amateurs...

I am looking forward to your updates as the works on your one are going on.... ;):)

Astrinos P. Damianakis

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone. Sorry for not being on for such a long time. We have satelite internet and it is terrible. I try to get on and I get booted off. It usually happens when I am almost done with a post! I have been busy prepping the first Triceratops. It is a long and slow process. I have most of the nasal horn, beak and nasal section done. It is about 3 feet long! The detail is amazing. I tried to put some photos on but every time I try I get the message, can not display web page. It is driving me nuts. That is one drawback about living in the country, either dial up or satelite. The satelite is better than dial up but the weather messes with it very badly. So, while I could not get on I would paint. I have quite a few paleo paintings done. I will try to post some photos in the next couple of days. Hopefully I can upload them.

Chelebele

Archived