Houston, We Have A Problem

Shellseeker

It has been a great season on the Peace River. I was out yesterday just below the Powerline at Brownsville and planned on searching above Wauchula tomorrow. So much for plans -- We were caught in 2 thunderstorms and the river went up 4 feet at Payne Creek and 6 feet at Zolfo Springs starting in late afternoon.

SInce I do not scuba dive, it looks like the season is closing and I, with many others, am about to go into withdrawal until November. YIKES!!!!!!

Added a couple of Photos from better times.

post-2220-0-21975400-1339264151_thumb.png

post-2220-0-19445200-1339264465_thumb.jpg

post-2220-0-88741600-1339264491_thumb.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Ah November....

No leaves, so outcrops can be seen

No ticks.

No poison ivy.

No humidity.

Etc.

Etc.

Context is critical.

Ah November....

Well, now that you mention it --- there were the snakes, and the mosquitoes, and the horse flies (did I mention that I hate horse flies the most), then the algae blooms that caused nasty rashes. I had a good story from two weeks ago, when the little fish kept on biting me on the calf of either leg. I thought they were after the hairs, but after I exited the river, discovered that the fish were after the bloodsuckers (leeches) that were interested in feeding on me.

The sun is too hot, and it is foolish to fossil in the rain, thunder, and lightening (the shovel is problematic), and I am too old to be shoveling gravel all day long. If only I could, I would be back on the river tomorrow because I am addicted -- :popcorn:

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

i found the mood in Tom Waits "November" quite appropos to the rains coming...

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus