Texas Airsonics Air Abrasive?

Ammojoe

I've been looking at air abrasives for a while now and recently found an air abrasive machine produced by Texas Airsonics - I was wondering if anyone has any experience using one and whether they'd recommend it? It's fairly costly but it would be very nice to own such a lovely piece of equipment. What are your guys opinions on it?

http://www.texasairsonics.com/Cabinet%20Style.html

The model that I am looking at is the pictured on the right hand side of the page.

Kind regards,

Joe

Kind regards,

Joe

Interesting! Never heard of it so it will be interesting to see if someone has some experience.

We've got three posts going at the same time regarding air abrasives/engravers. The other two are in the "General Fossil Discussion" section by Chele and Kosmoceras.

There must be "...a whole lot of preppin goin on out there..." right now.

I wonder if maybe the threads should be combined into an "air abrasive" thread and possibly "pinned" at some point, similar to the "Fossil Prep Worshop" by Terry Dactyll, but specifically aimed at air abrasive/scribe/engraver units.

SWard
Southeast Missouri

(formerly Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX)

USA

...I wonder if maybe the threads should be combined into an "air abrasive" thread and possibly "pinned" at some point, similar to the "Fossil Prep Worshop" by Terry Dactyll, but specifically aimed at air abrasive/scribe/engraver units.

This is one of the most recurring topics; the archives are practically groaning under their weight! The more, the merrier, we like to think. ;)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Never heard of this unit, the fact that it calls itself a high pressure unit makes me a little skeptical about its applicability to fossil preparation. Unless it was a real bargain I would stick with the proven winners for fossil prep, COMCO, Crystal Mark and S.S. WHite.

Edited by Malcolmt

• 2 weeks later...

How much does it cost?... with the minimal info they have on the web site it looks like a decent tool.