Bone and tooth

NSRaddict_1

Find we made in Granbury , looking for pyrite cubes : dsc_0036.jpg

0-dsc_37.jpg

Crocodile , and bird ?

Hunting fossils is fun , but discovering is better !

If the bone is hollow, it probably is bird. What size is it? What is the age of the deposit?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

If the bone is hollow, it probably is bird. What size is it? What is the age of the deposit?

It looks as if at one time it was hollow , it is about 1" long , I would think somewhere around 90 to 105 myo .

is the bone broken on the end?

Yes .

Here is end view , best as I can get :dsc_0035.jpg

Tooth looks like "Sea Lizard." Possibly Mosasaur. That's my "SWAG." :)

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

If the bone is sediment filled (but otherwise hollow), it could be the distal end of an avian tibiotarsus; it's a little worn to do much more with these views. This is a marine deposit? If so, that would be a pretty short list of avian candidates from that time frame; Icthyornis, and the Hesperornithiforms Although the Hesperornithiforms did not have hollow tibiotarsi, it is far too small. So, if it isn't hollow, it's probably not avian; if it is, it might be Icthyornis (although an enantiornithine is known from late Cretaceous marine deposits).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

could the bone have broke and then filled with sand or something? Does it look like bone on the inside?

From what I can tell with the loupe I have , it does look as if thought it has a outer layer then no bone marrow structure , so it could be as you say . filled in with matrix material ,

We looked very closely in the area for more bones , but none were to be found .