Ancient Fish Had Primitive Fingers, Toes

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

An ancient fish possessed primitive digits that may have been the precursors to our own fingers and toes, according to a new study.

Find the Link HERE!

"Many scientists regard Tiktaalik as a "missing link": the crucial transitional animal between fish and the first tetrapods. "

What do you think? It seems very plausible to me.

I agree with the assertion, but partially.

Tiktaalik has recently been described and do not rule out a future in which species are discovered relatives. Today is a "missing link" and informs us of evolutionary traits once unknown. It wouldn't be unusual in some years is merely a first described species for a family with more species recognized. It is anticipating the facts but the issue is still little studied and it is very possible that in museum collections copies have forgotten that are related and even has the time deposits which have not been worked. Perhaps ;)

P.S. Sorry my bad english

This is a case of "they found what they were looking for" (not that this approach is a bad thing). What remains is for scientists with backgrounds outside that circle to help refine the ramifications.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest Nicholas

I agree, they are taking a very linear approach. Not that I have a problem with it because it is our best method, but to me it just seems that saying that this fish is the "missing link" is jumping the gun a little early.

...jumping the gun a little early.

Yogi Berra couldn't have said it better! :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!