Singapore Fossil Meetup 01/07

Han.T

Hello everyone,

The Singapore Fossil Collector's Group just had another successful meetup and I would like to share this experience with you!

Collecting fossils is a relatively "niche hobby" in Singapore and we are the few and proud collectors around here. Most of our specimens are imported from overseas as it is almost impossible to find any fossils locally.

We gathered on this sunny afternoon to do our usual trades/swaps and showcasing of our most interesting specimens. Along the way we also had a great time sharing stories about our personal collections and fossil related news. Overall it was a blast. Oh, and we had plenty of pizza too! If you are Singaporean or simply visiting from abroad, do stop by our Facebook group and say hello!

post-4611-0-88671300-1341155398_thumb.jpg

post-4611-0-53307900-1341155424_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

The Singaporean Fossil Collectors Group, come join us here today!

More pics(and pizza, of course)!

post-4611-0-12475400-1341155783_thumb.jpg

post-4611-0-27013800-1341155817_thumb.jpg

Edited by Han.T

Obviously a group of guys that really know how to have a good time...

...save me a slice of pizza! :P

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

Hello everyone,

The Singapore Fossil Collector's Group just had another successful meetup and I would like to share this experience with you!

Collecting fossils is a relatively "niche hobby" in Singapore and we are the few and proud collectors around here. Most of our specimens are imported from overseas as it is almost impossible to find any fossils locally.

We gathered on this sunny afternoon to do our usual trades/swaps and showcasing of our most interesting specimens. Along the way we also had a great time sharing stories about our personal collections and fossil related news. Overall it was a blast. Oh, and we had plenty of pizza too! If you are Singaporean or simply visiting from abroad, do stop by our Facebook group and say hello!

A Bothriolepis?! :blink::drool:

Now I really regret turning down the chance to go to Singapore a few days ago...

It was an awesome meet-up!

And I made off with many new and amazing fossils!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

I will stop in next time I am in Singapore!

Which one is Andy and which is Han?, it is weird to have emailed someone a heap of times and posted on their collections but not have a clue who is who in a room full of fossil enthusiasts.

What a great idea, if we Aussies didn't all live a three day drive away from each other I would love to do the same thing!

Andy is the guy in green and I am the one wearing the brown trilobite shirt at the back! Lucky for us that Singapore is a small country so its only a stone's throw away to get together and share our passion for fossils. I hope our meet ups will inspire more people from around the world to do the same! Maybe even have an international Fossil Meet/Dig Day, hah!

These are my haul from the meetup!

A matrix with three Knightias.

A matrix with two Mioplosus and a Diplomystus.

A Sycamore Leaf.

A matrix with the crinoid species Scyphocrinites elegans with incredible preservation details!

Two corprolite, unidentified yet, but I believe the larger piece is from a marine turtle.

post-4888-0-64738700-1341408944_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-69194500-1341409449_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

• 5 years later...
On 7/4/2012 at 2:47 PM, -Andy- said:

These are my haul from the meetup!

A matrix with three Knightias.

A matrix with two Mioplosus and a Diplomystus.

A Sycamore Leaf.

A matrix with the crinoid species Scyphocrinites elegans with incredible preservation details!

Two corprolite, unidentified yet, but I believe the larger piece is from a marine turtle.

post-4888-0-64738700-1341408944_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-69194500-1341409449_thumb.jpg

Looks like a wonderful meet up,though it was quite some time ago, now.

Sure I've seen another similar thread somewhere. 

And some of those Green River finds have resurfaced today, I think? :D

Very nice. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

3 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Looks like a wonderful meet up,though it was quite some time ago, now.

Sure I've seen another similar thread somewhere. 

And some of those Green River finds have resurfaced today, I think? :D

Very nice. 

Yes Adam you have, and I believe that @-Andy- is the member who posts it, I always like to view his posts on the event. It would be great to participate in it, looks like a lot of fun.

Surprised to see this thread revived. Time to take a trip down nostalgia lane.

@Tidgy's DadYou are right, two of those pieces were posted today.

@Nimravis They are fun! I haven't forgotten the great fossils you gifted me. If you drop by Singapore one day, be sure to let me know!

• I found this Informative 2