Bones or just flint?

RomanK

I think these are just bits of flint as I have found very similar items, one of which turned out to be a trace fossil though - which was a shrimps tunnel.

I have only really just started fossils though so I am probably wrong lol.

Darren.

They look like chert nodules. Classic pseudofossils! I've always thought that items like that would make a great collection in their own right. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

They look like chert nodules. Classic pseudofossils! I've always thought that items like that would make a great collection in their own right. :)

Yeah I agree

I think these are just bits of flint as I have found very similar items, one of which turned out to be a trace fossil though - which was a shrimps tunnel.

I have only really just started fossils though so I am probably wrong lol.

Darren.

Thanks, Darren. I'm just an oceanographer by basic profession and try to specify whether my items interesting or not from paleontology side of view.

Thanks, Darren. I'm just an oceanographer by basic profession and try to specify whether my items interesting or not from paleontology side of view.

"Just an oceanographer"? Please introduce yourself, so we can welcome you to the Forum! :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Yes, my basic qualification is oceanography, but at the moment I am a head of Env dept in Donetsk City Council (Ukraine).

Fascinating! Please, when you have time, reagle us with your profile :)