QUIZ -- THIS IS AN "EASY-BONE"

Harry Pristis

is it a jaw bone??

One of the great charms of paleontology is that one never knows what will turn up where, or who will find it."

Peter Dodson

Is the "real name" that were looking for the palatoquadrate?

(No idea as to taxon)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

This is my guess. I see lots of them come from Lee Creek.

Silver Hake (Merluccius) premaxilla

Order: Gadiformes

Family: Merlucciidae

Excelent exercise, Harry, thank you very much!

Congrats, bmore :D

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Oh hey, I'm going to Lee Creek Nov. 8.

Nov 9th here!!! :D Don't still my teeth the day before I get there :D They found 100 meg teeth over the last weekend!!! It's on Elasmo. I'll be down on the 8th and most likey hit Greenmill that day then spend the night in the wonderful :rolleyes: Lemon tree, get up and go in on Sunday then drive back home.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Nov 9th here!!! :D Don't still my teeth the day before I get there :D They found 100 meg teeth over the last weekend!!! It's on Elasmo. I'll be down on the 8th and most likey hit Greenmill that day then spend the night in the wonderful :rolleyes: Lemon tree, get up and go in on Sunday then drive back home.

Maybe I'll see you at the Lemon Tree. Cheapest place to stay in town. I think we might go by Greenmill on Friday.