Construction Site - West Side Of Ft. Worth, Tx

sward

I had to take my wife to a doctor's appointment a few days ago. The doctor's office is located in west Ft. Worth, TX, on Oakmont Street (between Hulen Street and Bryant Irvin Road). When I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed they were doing alot of road construction (lots of cretaceous rock) on Oakmont Street, right next to the parking lot, so I decided check it out while waiting for my wife.

I walked to the edge of the parking lot to view the construction going on and the first thing I noticed was this:

post-6450-0-29432500-1343331219_thumb.jpgpost-6450-0-79524100-1343331246_thumb.jpgpost-6450-0-47267300-1343331318_thumb.jpg

I was only able to spend a few minutes in the area, but it looked rather promising since I found several other fragments of nicely preserved ammos.

This is an area that I'm not able to get to very often, so I thought I would share it with some of the local (DFW area) members to see if anyone else would like to check it out more closely.

I also noticed a large slag pile on Dirks Road that looks like it may have come from this same construction site. I wasn't able to investigate it, but it may be promising as well. If you continue south on Bryant Irvin Road from the intersection of Bryant Irvin and Oakmont, Bryant Irvin dead-ends at Dirks Road. Turn left onto Dirks Road and the slag pile will be on the right side of the road, a couple of miles down the road.

I realize this is very localized for the DFW area members, but I wanted to share a possibly promising site. As you know..." A good construction site is a terrible thing to waste..."

Good luck if you're able to check it out.

Edited by sward

SWard
Southeast Missouri

(formerly Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX)

USA

Thanks!

I'm using an engraver just like you do for the prep. It's seeming to prep fairly easily as once I get close to the ammo, the limestone just pops right off the ammo.

SWard
Southeast Missouri

(formerly Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX)

USA

Very nice finds and location! I would love to find a newly exposed site crammed full of concretions behind Nordstroms while my wife shopped! I'd never complain again! B)

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Thanks for the info on possible good spots. Vert nice ammo, thanks for sharing it with us.