Multi Shark Tooth Identification

Joyce

Good evening!

I've been going through and reasearching some of my summer trip finds this year and I am hoping for a little help! I am trying to figure out what the teeth in this picture are. This website has been incredibly helpful and has provided me with some think I knows but a few of them have me really stumped. They were all collected in Virginia and North Carolina. PLease feel free to correct my educated guesses. The larger teeth have smooth edges. The only one that has some seration is the small, wider one at the bottom-middle of the picture. If you need any close up picture I can certainly provide those as well. I thought the ones on the left were sand tigers but because of the shorter, wider root and "fatness" of the dentin I am considering otherwise. Plus they are not flat with the little upturn toward the end that I always distinguish with sand tigers. I have no clue what the ones with the dark greyish and brownish grey coloring are. (This would be the one closest to the 2" mark and his friends the left at 9 and 10 o'clock.

Everyone's help is GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks again and happy hunting!!

Joyce

post-5889-0-02740700-1343353705_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I've gotten 0 replies. I'm going to try adding larger photos to see if that helps everyone (and me).

The next 3 teeth I'm pretty sure are related by comparison but we will call them unidentified 2a, 2b, 2c.several pics...

post-5889-0-13996200-1344662593_thumb.jpg

post-5889-0-68958100-1344662604_thumb.jpg

Archived