Upper Carboniferous Crinoidea

RomanK

This is my first trip outside of Donetsk (some 100 km) for marine fossil fauna.

Site view

post-814-0-86716600-1343574132_thumb.jpg

Main plate for developing (red arrows are the Crinoidea at matrix)

post-814-0-81569900-1343574129_thumb.jpg

Main plate in process

post-814-0-16425000-1343574204_thumb.jpg

Edited by RomanK

Oh my! This seems to be a wonderful site :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wow Roman!

Nice to see you expanding your collecting!

Well done - looking forward to seeing your preparations!

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Goodness.... That was your first trip? :blink:

Does the bed continue under the grass?

Context is critical.

Can that bed be traced over larger distances? If I found crinoids like that, I'd be doing everything I could to scout out more outcrops. :)

Context is critical.

Wow! Awesome finds Roman! It's just not Carboniferous flora anymore...

Well, they're still sea lillies :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Can that bed be traced over larger distances? If I found crinoids like that, I'd be doing everything I could to scout out more outcrops. :)

Yes, it traced much more wider then shown on my picture, it will be work for the next visit.

What subdivisions of the Carboniferous do your plants and crinoids come from?

Context is critical.

Very nice find Roman, those look to be some very nice crinoids once they are cleaned. We will look forward to seeing the results. Thanks for taking us along on a virtual trip!

Russ

Love all the pics of the area that you went to, thanks for sharing with us. Cant wait to see your great fines prepped, please keep us posted.

Great finds Roman! Have you ever been able to get back to that Devonian site you visited before? Have you ever been down to Kertch to look for the fossils with Vivianite and Rhodochrosite in them?

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Great finds Roman! Have you ever been able to get back to that Devonian site you visited before? Have you ever been down to Kertch to look for the fossils with Vivianite and Rhodochrosite in them?

Hi Dave, thank you. Yes I visited The Devonian site last September and going to get back again soon. I've been to Kerch many times but before my fossil colecting hobby happened and so didn't aware about fossils with Vivianite and Rhodochrosite in them. But I know people who visited Kerch (Crimea) particular for fossil hunt and can ask if you interested.

Roman... The preservation looks really good... They should prep out a treat... Nice finds...

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Hi Roman, looks like another successful trip-very nice. Make room in the house for the crinoid collection! Regards, Chris