Something Like Nemiana? What Is Really This?

RomanK

What ever it is, it looks like there is another, unexposed one at 10 Oclock to it; it appears to be a bit more amorphis, with a "smear" extending fron its left side. A higher consistency of form would argue more strongly for them being discrete organisms.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

would it be possibly 2 get a bather pics with camera right one top of fossil then we could id it and dose it have bones or no bones if you do that it can be id then but with it all that it cant be id

Guest bmorefossil
What ever it is, it looks like there is another, unexposed one at 10 Oclock to it; it appears to be a bit more amorphis, with a "smear" extending fron its left side. A higher consistency of form would argue more strongly for them being discrete organisms.

yea i see that, hey do you think they could be connected

maybe bmore they could be or 2 of same thing but if he could get bather pics with close up of the fossils i could tall maybe i want 2 know what they are no one can tell with out more info or bather pics

maybe bmore they could be or 2 of same thing but if he could get bather pics with close up of the fossils i could tall maybe i want 2 know what they are no one can tell with out more info or bather pics

Ok, guys, I will post tomorrow better pic to make your work easyer. Thank you to all for active discussion.

Roman

post-814-1223026333_thumb.jpgpost-814-1223026344_thumb.jpgpost-814-1223026355_thumb.jpgpost-814-1223026362_thumb.jpg

I made 4 new pictures to show it better.

Great pictures; they reveal a number of interesting features, and more questions. The texture of the matrix is fascinating; do you know which side is up (ie: whether we're seeing positives or negatives of the impressions)? It almost looks like algae.

In the last pic, the lower large object seems to show a "disarticulation", with a "trail" of something leading off the slab toward 5 O'clock; this is as puzzling as the overall texture.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Guest bmorefossil
Great pictures; they reveal a number of interesting features, and more questions. The texture of the matrix is fascinating; do you know which side is up (ie: whether we're seeing positives or negatives of the impressions)? It almost looks like algae.

In the last pic, the lower large object seems to show a "disarticulation", with a "trail" of something leading off the slab toward 5 O'clock; this is as puzzling as the overall texture.

yea that is fascinating, does the texture feel the way it looks! Could the thing that sticks out have came out of the hole like object?

Auspex, it was a piece of stone lied on the coal spoil slope. All things surrounding that one were from Upper Penn - mainly calamites and some ferns leaves. It's difficult to say which side is up, I thought - the shown on the pics. Later I desided that it seems to Nemiana cause find posted beneath pic in Internet.post-814-1223043554_thumb.jpg

yea that is fascinating, does the texture fell the way it looks! Could the thing that sticks out have came out of the hole like object?

I didn't get such impression. Basic question I asked myself what is origin of such surface? It seems to Nemiana I think.

Unfortunately, the Ediacaran assemblage has a date range of 635 to 542 myo; unless your site has a major discomformity; Nemiana is not possible. There were jellyfish and "bubble algae) in the upper Carboniferous, though.

Unfortunately, the Ediacaran assemblage has a date range of 635 to 542 myo; unless your site has a major discomformity; Nemiana is not possible. There were jellyfish and "bubble algae) in the upper Carboniferous, though.

Thanks, it sounds convincing, I agree again.

Archived