Orbitoplax Weaveri Going On Permanent Vacation To New Zealand!

RJB

I am leaving for Australia to celebrate my 50th birthday with my twin brother who has lived there for about 30 years. And yeah, lots of that good ausi beer, lots of fishing and lots of fun, but after that, I and my wife are going to New Zealand to hunt for fossils. I know a guy there who is going to take me to several fossil sites, so I thought it would be nice of me to bring him some fossils from America. Here is a very nice little crab from the Eocene of southern Oregon that is going with me. Im going to give this very nice crab, along with a very nice fish and a very nice ammonite to my NZ buddy. Oh, we are leaving in just over two weeks from now. What freakin fun we will have!! WooooooooHooooooooo!!!! I almost hate to give this crab away, but its a pitance to what I may bring home.

RB

post-171-1223070085_thumb.jpg

post-171-1223070124_thumb.jpg

Very nice little crab, To give something like that to a good friend is sposed to make ya feel all warm and fuzzy, and to know that it will probably along with the other items you ar taking will probably be held in a special place both in display and in heart,

Good luck and safe journey on your trip and I sure would like to see some pics of New Zealand, That and Australia have to be on my tops to do things..might not never happen but hey we gotta have a happy place..

Ron

Maybe you could take a video of your hunts?

Well, in case, you guys have a great, safe, and successful trip!

Welcome to the forum!

Lucky Stiff!

Have a great time, and try to remember that everything in Australia is venomous. :P

Will you be on the North or South Island in NZ? I have chums near Duneden (my best friend married a Kiwi), and two of my Great-Great Uncles were early S. Is. pioneers; I haven't made contact, but there's still family there.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

RJB

Yes that is a fine specimen you are giving away, but you have others like it I'm sure, and you've demonstrated by example one of my favorite reasons for picking up extras of certain species I already have well represented in my collection. They are still fun to find and prep even if you have others. But more importantly you can generate goodwill with other collectors thereby opening up doors and collecting venues you might not otherwise have available to you. Grease palms liberally with your extras and you'll end up at least with a friend and perhaps some good collecting to boot. In my case certain sites have been built over or are in the process so I've collected them diligently, and years down the road when the sites are little but fond memories, when I bump into collectors with little known, out of the way sites to share, I'll still have something to barter.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

I am leaving for Australia to celebrate my 50th birthday with my twin brother who has lived there for about 30 years. And yeah, lots of that good ausi beer, lots of fishing and lots of fun, but after that, I and my wife are going to New Zealand to hunt for fossils. I know a guy there who is going to take me to several fossil sites, so I thought it would be nice of me to bring him some fossils from America. Here is a very nice little crab from the Eocene of southern Oregon that is going with me. Im going to give this very nice crab, along with a very nice fish and a very nice ammonite to my NZ buddy. Oh, we are leaving in just over two weeks from now. What freakin fun we will have!! WooooooooHooooooooo!!!! I almost hate to give this crab away, but its a pitance to what I may bring home.

RB

Hi RB, don't cry, you will back with a lot of GIGANTOPLAX :rofl:

I wish you a lot of good luck, but first of all, be happy with your wife :wub:

Best

MB ;)

... to celebrate my 50th birthday with my twin brother...

It just dawned on me that, between the two of you, you're 100 years old!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks everyone. We will be staying on the South Island in a town called Christchurch. I cant wait! Thinking everynight what I could, maybe, might or hopefully find while fossil hunting is killing me!!!

And MB. I am told that if the conditions are right, I will be bringing home several GIGANTOPLAX!!! YiiiiiiiPeeeeee!!!!!

Here is a pic of some I bought unprrepped years ago. I still have to finish the bigger one.

What is amazing to me is that these are small ones?!!!! Wow!! Ive seen some bigger ones and have heard that the first Propodus, (claw with fingers) have reached 11 inches!!! Now that would be a dream come true if I can come home with a crab like that!! HOLY MOLY!!!

RB

post-171-1223210015_thumb.jpg

post-171-1223210050_thumb.jpg

post-171-1223210117_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone. We will be staying on the South Island in a town called Christchurch. I cant wait! Thinking everynight what I could, maybe, might or hopefully find while fossil hunting is killing me!!!

And MB. I am told that if the conditions are right, I will be bringing home several GIGANTOPLAX!!! YiiiiiiiPeeeeee!!!!!

Here is a pic of some I bought unprrepped years ago. I still have to finish the bigger one.

What is amazing to me is that these are small ones?!!!! Wow!! Ive seen some bigger ones and have heard that the first Propodus, (claw with fingers) have reached 11 inches!!! Now that would be a dream come true if I can come home with a crab like that!! HOLY MOLY!!!

RB

Pictures please,

One work said that with 40.500 m3 of a big landslide, 82 crab concretion was found, so one concretion by 165 m3, the that is nothing for you, thus GO RB ,GOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

Archived