Best Trip Ever?

Guest bmorefossil

Guest bmorefossil
Private lake! They put rocks on some shoreline for people to fish, swim and picnic! Late Fall time, I went there and break some rocks. I found many clams, several striaght shelled cepholopods and snail shaped fossils!

Always check on rocks in any private that you can go in, public, roads, park and dams......got a nice piece of 10 inch long and 3 inch diameter cepholopod from public park dam! You never know what you find!

wow thats cool!!!

My best trip ever has to be the family vacation at the Calvert Cliffs this year. I has able to see the excitment in the eyes of both my kids when they found their first Megs! Finding a porpiose skull was a bonus that I didn't expect but was very welcome. But nothing means more to me than the huge smiles they had as they picked up their new found treasures.

Guest bmorefossil
My best trip ever has to be the family vacation at the Calvert Cliffs this year. I has able to see the excitment in the eyes of both my kids when they found their first Megs! Finding a porpiose skull was a bonus that I didn't expect but was very welcome. But nothing means more to me than the huge smiles they had as they picked up their new found treasures.

very nice obsessed

Have had a lot of really fun, fossil filled trips. One of my favorites

is a place that I hunted with Lance. We found dermal denticles. They were

all over, loved how they looked! I didn't know what they were at the time. Can't

explain it really well, but was so fired up my heart was racing. Everything was right

that day. Trips don't get much better than that one.

Another top trip was in AR (while I was living there), when I got to share my creek with some great people,

my best hunting buddy (Lance), George, a friend from the MS museum, and Frank,

a fossil friend. Unfortunately, we didn't find the target of our hunt (just pieces), but what a fantastic

time, sloshing around in the water, talking fossils, fossils on the internet, pizza and beer, etc. Trip

was just too short. After Lance has shared so many sites with me, I finally got to share a few. Lance,

and I also hit the Ouachita River the next day while George and Frank hit my second creek. Still

didn't find what they were after. Lance and I found a lot of teeth though.

They aren't really my creeks but in all the trillions of hunts in those creeks, I never saw another person.

Welcome to the forum!

Guest solius symbiosus

One of those most memorable trips that I have ever undertaken, was the one that Brock and I took this last August. We found some nice rare trilobites, and ... well, you know the rest.

Guest bmorefossil
One of those most memorable trips that I have ever undertaken, was the one that Brock and I took this last August. We found some nice rare trilobites, and ... well, you know the rest.

very cool