Today At The Cliffs

Metopocetus

So I went to a beach I don't usually collect at. Checking out something for the museum that bmore reported. I spent a little while walking a beach and found a few nice things. The meg tooth is 3 5/16 and the mako is 2". Both are a little worn but I like them. The serrations on the meg are great, and the tip is there!!!! I never find them with an intact tip.

post-680-1223153051_thumb.jpgpost-680-1223153044_thumb.jpgpost-680-1223153066_thumb.jpg

So bmore missed a couple... :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Checking out something for the museum that bmore reported.

So did you find anything interesting for the museum??

So did you find anything interesting for the museum??

He told us about some bones in the cliffs, I checked it out but there are some trees hanging above it that aren't very secure.

Nice haul....wish I had arrived earlier!!

I found the big tooth around 7:30...stayed until around 11.

Guest bmorefossil
So I went to a beach I don't usually collect at. Checking out something for the museum that bmore reported. I spent a little while walking a beach and found a few nice things. The meg tooth is 3 5/16 and the mako is 2". Both are a little worn but I like them. The serrations on the meg are great, and the tip is there!!!! I never find them with an intact tip.

nice finds, had to take my sats to bad i wasnt there

Not anything special as far as teeth, but I found what appears to be a nice Tuna vert and a gastropod that I haven't been able to ID yet

Guest bmorefossil
Not anything special as far as teeth, but I found what appears to be a nice Tuna vert and a gastropod that I haven't been able to ID yet

if it was in that pink layer i know which ones your talking about i have seen them in there. Tuna vert nice, found a 3" marlin vert last week