Oldest Footprints On Earth Found

Metopocetus

This would be an amazing find.

But as a guy who has seen hundreds of footprint -wanna-bes..I wouldnt draw conclusions based on one specimen only. They have to find more of those and analyze them

The best I can say is that I hope he's right; he faces a nearly impossible task of proving anything with what he's got. I'm ready to believe that there were critters then that had unarticulated appendages that might aid in wiggling, but fully articulated legs are a stretch.

Where's the picture?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I agree, Auspex. There weren't even trilobites at that time--and it wasn't until even later that any of those could swim, etc. Then amphibians were much later. It could be an optical illusion too, right? A lot of folks post ID pictures on here that LOOK like something but aren't even fossils or trace fossils. And, like you said, where is the picture?

Guest Nicholas

Another case of jumping to conclusions without fully articulated evidence. I personally am hoping for the guy, I hope some substantial evidence to support the claim comes about... however I just don't think it will.