Green River Fishing Trip

old dead things

First photo is a Priscacara, I had to give up a larger, two piece one to get this one in the trade.

I found three small Phareodus which I traded for a bigger one I found, that may go 16 inches, I need to get a better picture of that one.

The Diplomystus is the largest one I have ever found at this quarry, hopefully he'll be 16 inches when prepped. I had found a 13 inch one earlier in the week, and I hope I get him too. This one cost me a large mioplosus, but the trades are always fun. I got some other good fish in the trades too, but no pictures yet.

Jim

Old Dead Things

post-1148-0-70814800-1347067387_thumb.jpg

post-1148-0-66528200-1347067463_thumb.jpg

post-1148-0-78934400-1347067580_thumb.jpg

That Priscacara is a real beauty. The scale pattern is a real accent to the bones.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Cool finds. I just got back from the quarries and came home with five large mioplosus , a medium pharo, and several diplos from the blue layer. First time there it was a killer experience!

Archived