Maybe Very Easy

cvi huang

post-9785-0-36688300-1347220795_thumb.jpgpost-9785-0-32615100-1347220802_thumb.jpg

1. if have hole = orthocone cephalopods/ Orthoceras Cephalopoda?

post-9785-0-03434700-1347220830_thumb.jpgpost-9785-0-32723900-1347220834_thumb.jpg

2. bigger have not hole this also accustomed thing but what?

post-9785-0-65408700-1347220846_thumb.jpgpost-9785-0-23914000-1347220849_thumb.jpgpost-9785-0-11174900-1347220852_thumb.jpgpost-9785-0-74648900-1347220854_thumb.jpg

3. more dark with camber maybe pottery lug?

every day lot of circle with half-moon hole, so very common, please teach me what is it, thanks!

Edited by cvi huang

1 and 2 look like very worn sea urchins and 3 looks like worn bone. :mellow:

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Thank you but more pictures for "circle with hole"

post-9785-0-16910600-1347227728_thumb.jpgpost-9785-0-35911500-1347227731_thumb.jpg

this thing sometimes long

hole is usually one straight with one arc (like moon)

so I think Orthoceras Cephalopoda (?)

Edited by cvi huang

I agree with Herb on 1,2&3. Sorry, but I can't identify the last one since it is much too weathered. There is a possibility that it may be a small part of an Orthoceras, if you've found it in the appropriate layers.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

The 4 pics for # 3 look like bone from Dugong maybe rib or another bone.. These bones are very dense to allow the animal to stay submerged for long periods of time...Jeff

every day same hole, like half-moon.

I am mystified by these. You find many, all similar, but none with any ornament nor details. They have to be something, and I feel like I am just missing an important clue. The material is fine, and homogeneous, like a filled burrow, but I cannot explain the D-shaped hole.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

every day same hole, like half-moon.

worm?

Doesn't look organic to me.

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

post-2520-0-90952300-1347324599.jpgpost-2520-0-62498800-1347324632_thumb.jpgMany urchins have apertures on the bottom that are off center and would wear like the ones you have.

Your second post is a grass carp Pharyngeal, and what looks like a small feline jaw.

post-40-0-84398600-1347333342_thumb.jpg

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

I am mystified by these. You find many, all similar, but none with any ornament nor details. They have to be something, and I feel like I am just missing an important clue. The material is fine, and homogeneous, like a filled burrow, but I cannot explain the D-shaped hole.

Maybe the clue is at the meeting point of the straight and curved edge of the "D". Each one has a sharp point extending out from it. Could this be from something trilo shaped and the spines along the edge of the shell cut into the mud? Domed back, flat bell, sharp edges burrowing through the mud.

Also, I have seen hundreds of orthocone cephalopods and have never seen any with the type of wear like yours.

my old "fossils"

post-9785-0-49872800-1347399501_thumb.jpg

...nawab...

:thumbsu: I love the Nymphalidae, and the Polyura caterpillars are the coolest in the whole group. They look like litte dragons.

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett