Tools

Joshdale

Did someone say aluminum foil, or plaster and burlap? The best tool I have used is the human brain, usually someone else's. They can show you where to look, how to look and how to correctly extract the fossils. So try to find someone with experience to hunt with your first few times. (and thanks to all of you who've helped me by loaning me your brains)

Did someone say aluminum foil, or plaster and burlap? The best tool I have used is the human brain, usually someone else's. They can show you where to look, how to look and how to correctly extract the fossils. So try to find someone with experience to hunt with your first few times. (and thanks to all of you who've helped me by loani?ng me your brains)

I could not agree more. If not for others I would not have the knowledge and ideas I do.

Sure I might have some of my own ideas, but I have only built on those presented to me to begin with.

Robert
Southeast, MO

The name of the game it to check what tools others have in your area,write them down.Look over the list again so you can over the tools that you can use for other reasons as well.This way you will shorten the list about 32 percent.

Bear-dog.

Thank you Raistlin, it is danube riverbank, i think You know the "

"

the second tool from households a toothbrush, use wash clay, snail cleaning

You can't beat a good pneumatic jack hammer!! :blink:

Got 2 electric jack hammers , have not yet had a chance to use them yet still in the box.... :P

Nice. I want to dig there!! :wub:

You can also get a nice set of "dental" picks for $ 4-5 at a place like Harbor Freight, actually I find a lot of cool tools there for fossil hunting. ( ps, no I don't work there or own stock :D )

Amen on the dental picks! I also found a magnifying lense with a stand and light for a few bucks, and dont forget the shovels and such. And I also dont work there either!

Peter, I would really like to see one in action. Is it portable??????? Perhaps when Roger comes to the Quarry in October ???????