New To The Forum, Would Love To Know What Fossils People Have Found Around The Hampshire/sussex Area Is There Are Any?

Josh Macefield:)

Like I said, just joined the forum, I am a very passionate collector and have found a lot in my local area. I would love to know what anyone else has found around the south coast so I can consider where to look in the future. Any preferable sites would be appreciated too :) Many thanks.

Welcome to the forum Josh! I can't help with locations in and around Portsmouth but there a a good number of folks here who I'm sure can point you towards interesting locations. Can't wait to see some of the nice stuff you've collected!

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett

Thanks very much both of you! And great finds Thomas, I really need to do some searching on the Isle of Wight :)

Have either of you ever searched on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent? It is meant to be pretty good for crustaceans, bones, teeth, shells and wood etc. I suppose AgrilusHunter, you won'y of due to the fact it is in the UK :)

Nope, no such luck. Hopefully some day though :)

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett

Oh good, well it is a place I have always wanted to visit. I would much appreciate it if you did upload some photo's. I would like to see what kind of fossils you have got.