Picked Up A Track In Massachusetts Today!

CousinLarry

Visited Nash's Dino quarry in S. Hadley. Cool!!

Here's a pic of the little one touching Eubrontes - thought to be from Dilophosaurus:

ellaeubrontes.jpg

And I've been wanting a dino track since I was a kid.. I have never been able to find any "in the wild" that weren't on private property.. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop looking though!! ;)

Let me tell you how hard it is to make a decision on a track when there's hundreds to choose from.. He had a fresh pile of tracks he just pulled and I found this one in there. The pics don't do it justice! It looks awesome. There are two different tracks, one on each side facing opposite directions. They are about 7" long each.

The bottom side

dinotrack1.jpg

Top side with imprint

dinotrack2.jpg

Just wanted to share!!!!

Pretty baby and nice tracks!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

That small mammal in the first picture looks like she is ready and able to take over the world from the dinosaurs! You are a fortunate man. My girl is 23 and has become a wonderful young adult. However, I still miss her from every age she was along the way. What an amazing journey, enjoy every minute. Nothing is more important.

Oh, and great trace fossils, too! There is something really intriguing about those time-frozen tracks.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

I :wub: ichnofossils, and you got a real nice one!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks for the compliments!! Yes, that little Mammal is already taking on the world head first! She has no fear, going to be just like her dad!!! I just hope she has an interest in fossils and Native American artifacts.. I have a growing collection that will be hers one day if she has interest in it!!!!

I took two more pics this morning with a better camera.. These came out a bit better!!! I really like the bottom side!!!

dinotrack3.jpg

dinotrack4.jpg

Edited by CousinLarry

Really, really great! Beautiful baby girl too! Thanks for sharing your track finds.

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".

Woww!!! That is an amazing track. And you can buy / find them at Nash's Dino quarry?

I think I'll definitely have to make a trip out there if that is the case!

Thanks for the good words!!

Yes, you can buy tracks there and tour the (small) quarry. He wont let you pull tracks yourself as they're easy to break if you dont know what you're doing. Reasonable prices though, much much cheaper than a rock shop or ebay.

Went to a rock shop on Sunday and they had a few tracks. NONE of them looked as good as mine, and the cheapest was four times what I paid.

Very happy with the piece and price! And Nash is a nice guy to hang and chat with.

His shop also has a bunch of other fossils. I picked up a small brazilian fish for $5.00!! It's on my desk at work :)

Nice pics/report, Cousin Larry. ;)

Here is their website, for those in the Northeast who may be interested in visiting. :)

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Here's the little fishie I picked up at his store too:

brazilfish.jpg

The fish is about 1.5" long and nice detail. I don't know anything about it though other than what's on the card: Fish, Cretaceous, Ceara, Brazil

I'll have to do some Googlin' !

Congrats on the great finds. Beautiful little girl, my daughter turns 17 today and I miss when she was that little, I have to agree with snolly "enjoy every minute" they go by much too quickly.

The fish is about 1.5" long and nice detail. I don't know anything about it though other than what's on the card: Fish, Cretaceous, Ceara, Brazil

I'll have to do some Googlin' !

For ID,... how about Dastilbe,... maybe D. elongatus?

Or, more likely D. crandalli.

Either way, you're probably safe marking it as Dastilbe sp., Crato Fm., Early Cretaceous, Brazil.

See this thread. ;) The PDF supplied there is informative.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Edited by Fossildude19

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me