New Find On The Arkansas River

jakubh

Hi Guys,

I was looking around the river bed since the water is low, and I found this interesting piece? Any ideas?

Thanks for all of your help.

post-9528-0-54311100-1348438968_thumb.jpg

post-9528-0-38916900-1348438978_thumb.jpg

post-9528-0-14745000-1348438986_thumb.jpg

post-9528-0-31780500-1348438997_thumb.jpg

Yes, that was my first impression as well.

Unless they are some concretions.

- food for thought.

Pedro Bento, M.Sci.

Coprolite was my first impression, but then I noticed the two side-by-side protrusions; this would be a highly unusual feature for a coprolite, yes?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

They almost look like a combined trace fossil called Conostichus that is from sea anemone common in some carboniferous units in midwest. Let me see if I can find a good photo....

russ

Ok here are a few:

Edited by trilobiteruss

I was thinking it was a bit 'tracey', but couldn't reconcile all the features; I think you're on the right track, Russ.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I was thinking it was a bit 'tracey', but couldn't reconcile all the features; I think you're on the right track, Russ.

Kind of thought that and then I looked close and looked like one superimposed on other, I cannot remember if I have seen dual ones before but sure looks like a pair, very interesting!