Little Meg Big Meg

Pool Man

Hello all,

FINALLY!! The waters are receding and the gators are retreating. My fall digging season has started here in North Port. My first hole rewarded my patience.

post-148-1223515586_thumb.jpg post-148-1223515596_thumb.jpg

Little one is 1 7/16" slant,Big one is 3 21/32" (I love my new digital caliper).

Thanks for looking

Dan

Dang, some great looking teeth.

Your camera picked up all that good detail too....

Welcome to the forum!

What do you mean by "digging" and "hole"? I take it you're not diving for these beauties?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

These are found in Fresh water and I use a shovel and screen box.North Port is about 15 Miles inland from Venice Beach.

That's the way to start the Fall collecting season! Thanks for sharing the pictures - it motivates me even more to

get out and sling a shovel. Good for you Dan.

-greel

Sweet, I wish I could find Megs where I live. There is nothing but very small teeth here. :wacko: By the way, beautiful teeth!

Sweet tooth man! I'd still watch for gators though :gator:

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Guest solius symbiosus
Hello all,

FINALLY!! The waters are receding and the gators are retreating.

Salutations! Any that would hunt in an area where there are critters that eat people have my respect. I don't know how you guys do it.

Guest N.AL.hunter

Nice teeth.. We will be at Venice Beach later today and all day tomorrow. I sure hope we get lucky and the weather will cooperate. We'll be staying at the motel-6 in Venice. Large white Ford F-250 with Alabama plates. Might not have internet connection while there.

Nice teeth.. We will be at Venice Beach later today and all day tomorrow. I sure hope we get lucky and the weather will cooperate. We'll be staying at the motel-6 in Venice. Large white Ford F-250 with Alabama plates. Might not have internet connection while there.

Good luck on your hunt.

Besides fossils,

I collect roadcuts,

Stream beds,

Winter beaches:

Places of pilgrimage.

Jasper Burns, Fossil Dreams

...Any that would hunt in an area where there are critters that eat people have my respect....

Gators are nothing compared to open storm drain grates... :o

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Well, Id call this an omen....I went back to the same spot today.

I saw this guy near where I park.

post-148-1223599300_thumb.jpg

And the only things I found today were...

post-148-1223599369_thumb.jpg

I'll call this one ,Little gator Big gator...The big one is 1 1/4" long.

Life is like a slough of 'gators; you never know what's gonna' eat you.

Archived