Hadrosaur?

CherylW

We took this photo at a Minister of Antiquities' office in Bagua Chica, Peru, but didn't record its name. We believe it's the upper part of a hadrosaur skull, but can't determine the species. Any ideas?

post-9146-0-86698500-1348866641_thumb.jpg

It is a cetacean skull of some sort.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Welcome to the forum.....Sorry but, It appears to be a Dolphin or Whale skull. Which one I don't know,,,but it's not a Hadrosaur skull.

There are many different shapes to a Hadrosaur skull and here is a picture of one......Do a Google search of both Hadrosaur and Dolphin/whale skulls

and you will be able to tell the differents.

post-2085-0-07336300-1348868133_thumb.jpg

post-2085-0-09199700-1348868250_thumb.jpg

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

Thanks for the help. Cetacean is probably correct; most of the fossils we found nearby were marine. So far, though, we haven't found an exact match on Google.

Thanks for the help. Cetacean is probably correct; most of the fossils we found nearby were marine. So far, though, we haven't found an exact match on Google.

I have collected alot of miocence dolphin and whale fossils from the mid-altantic states and I have always had problems finding info on the net when it comes to this stuff.

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.