Canada's Shores Saved Animals From Devastating Climate Change 252 Million Years Ago

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

Canada's Shores Saved Animals From Devastating Climate Change 252 Million Years Ago

ScienceDaily (Oct. 2, 2008) — The shorelines of ancient Alberta, British Columbia and the Canadian Arctic were an important refuge for some of the world's earliest animals, most of which were wiped out by a mysterious global extinction event some 252 million years ago.

Find the article HERE!

They've been looking for the "ark" for a long time, presuming it to ba an area less effected by the conditions that brought about the wide-spread extinctions. Determining whas set this area apart from the rest will provide clues to the root cause(s), but it will require a multidiciplined effort (ie: ecology).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest Nicholas

"Ark" is a good way to refer to it Auspex, and as you said it will have to be a multidisciplinary effort of the sciences to actually shed more light on this theory. Although I think it would be an amazing feat for all of science if it was proved, I'm not planning a party yet. There is just too many variables to make this concrete yet.