Anyone Notice This?

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

I'm not sure about American E-bay, but the Canadian E-bay has made many more sub categories for fossils than there has ever been. :) Much easier to find what you're interested in now.

I checked it out; looks pretty similar.

Look what I found there:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Unbelievable-Original-J...id=p3286.c0.m14

It is unquestionably, completely, obviously, FAKE.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest Nicholas

To me the categories look like this :

Fossils:

Arthropods

Brachiopods

Coral

Echinoderms

Molluscs

Vegetation

Vertebrates

Unknown

Reproductions

Other

I haven't been there in a while but the categories were much more limited than that before...

Identical to the US list.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Those tricky Chinese, with die if they do, die if they don't, a land of surrogate fossils for all.

Guest Nicholas

If I buy from E-bay I by inexpensive fossils. That way if I'm jipped it isn't an issue. I mainly buy things I do not have an example of in my collection.

Guest solius symbiosus

... and for any new to the hobby, virtually everything from China is fake. Too, a lot of what comes from Morocco.

Guest Nicholas
Nicholas, what kind of fossils do you collect?

I collect all fossils.

I have a wide range of self collected inverts, a small range of self collected plant fossils...

I've bought Amber, Inverts, Mammal, marine vertebrate... I prefer interesting fossils or things I do not have.

On one occasion I bought 100 micro brachiopods... why? because I didn't have that species they were Triassic, and some of them were fossil geodes with calcite crystals..

Guest Nicholas
Can you post a pic of the micro brachs? I love that stuff.

I will do my best to capture them and the crystals.. they are the sort of thing that you cannot beat the naked eye. :)

I may do that tomorrow actually, take pictures of all the fossils I have not posted.