Obsessed1 Unleashes His Secret Weapon Upon Me!

Guest bmorefossil

Guest bmorefossil

well when ever i would go into chat there was talk about how obsessed1 was bringing his secret weapon to the beach on saturday. I had no idea what it was but when i saw them on the beach i found out what his weapon was, a 5' 4" meg. So he gave me the meg to carry around and it prevented me from doing much looking, up and down the beach we would go. My dad did the smart thing and went to where the megs were last few weeks and found 2 more megs. I did end up finding a bird bone, and some other things. It was a great day but i had to give back my 5'4" meg and let her go on her own way.

post-17-1224104674_thumb.jpg

post-17-1224104776_thumb.jpg

post-17-1224104810_thumb.jpg

post-17-1224105164_thumb.jpg

post-17-1224105196_thumb.jpg

post-17-1224105224_thumb.jpg

post-17-1224105251_thumb.jpg

post-17-1224105311_thumb.jpg

post-17-1224105354_thumb.jpg

Awesome! where are the pictures!

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

By any chance, would this Meg be from the Lower Clinton, 14 YBP?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest bmorefossil
By any chance, would this Meg be from the Lower Clinton, 14 YBP?

lol maybe, as for the pictures it says i have attached to many so im gonna need to find a way to make more room

lol maybe, as for the pictures it says i have attached to many so im gonna need to find a way to make more room

Maybe you should ask an Admin. I hear we have some good ones. :P

Guest bmorefossil
When I hear secret weapon, and Ob wan there in the same sentence... makes me think...

LIGHT SABER! :D

i was thinking maybe his jedi mind tricks, he waves his hand in front of my face and says, you dont want any megs, "I dont want any megs", give me all your megs, " here have all my megs"

Guest bmorefossil

i would like to thank atropic, for finding information about the shells i found. Hydractinia multispinosa - Genus and species for the shells you have.

Snail fur (Hydractinia echinata) is not fur at all but instead a covering of predatory hydroid polyps that tend to cover most of the outside of old snail shells where the snail has died. They are especially common on the outside of shells being occupied at the same time by flat-clawed hermit crabs. - From wiki.

Is the end of that bird bone really worn, or just caked with clay? I think I can make out three "knuckles", which would make it a tarsometatarsus. What are it's dimensions? Will it clean up?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Guest bmorefossil
Is the end of that bird bone really worn, or just caked with clay? I think I can make out three "knuckles", which would make it a tarsometatarsus. What are it's dimensions? Will it clean up?

i cant see any more clay on it, as for the dimensions give me a sec.

1 7/8" long, i dont know if this means anything but the bone is not smooth on the other side.

i cant see any more clay on it...the bone is not smooth on the other side.

It's pretty eroded; probably partially dissolved (before or after burial). There's a reason that bird bones are so uncommon!

Guest bmorefossil
It's pretty eroded; probably partially dissolved (before or after burial). There's a reason that bird bones are so uncommon!

ok thanks, yea to bad the end was broken off before i saw it sticking out of the block, do you know how hard it is to see a bird bone like that!, with just the hollow end not even sticking out of the block

Ok, now we have an official "Meg Dance". The next question is where do I get it so that I can attach it to my posts? That is assuming that I can find some fossiling Mojo and find a Meg again to include in my posts. :unsure:

I got run off the beach this morning. My sticker was on the wrong car.......I bought a new car and just stuck the old sticker on my new car. I will be trying to get a new sticker tomorrow. I will have my moms car with a proper sticker tomorrow, they can't say anything to us.

Guest bmorefossil
Ok, now we have an official "Meg Dance". The next question is where do I get it so that I can attach it to my posts? That is assuming that I can find some fossiling Mojo and find a Meg again to include in my posts. :unsure:

well i was sure that you were going to find one at lee creek but now with that down you still got the cliffs!

Right click...save image - where ever you want on your computer.

Attach image to posts as needed.

Guest bmorefossil
I got run off the beach this morning. My sticker was on the wrong car.......I bought a new car and just stuck the old sticker on my new car. I will be trying to get a new sticker tomorrow. I will have my moms car with a proper sticker tomorrow, they can't say anything to us.

wow is it that tough there

wow is it that tough there

Not usually...but I'm not sure why I end up getting harrassed and people who don't even live in the place get to walk without any hassles.