Dinosaur Meat For Sale In Australia? Weird News In Portugese

Oxytropidoceras

I ran it through Google Translate, just out of curiosity. (I know nothing about Portugese, so I'm afraid I couldn't do anything about the resulting mangled syntax, sadly.)

In Sydney, Australia, police are investigating a supermarket meat dinosaur put on the shelf to be sold. To the police inspector, the case is a mystery: "If there is no dinosaur, there should be no meat to sell him," said the policeman.

Meanwhile, police working with two lines of reasoning: the meat in question is fake or that dinosaurs still live there and some entrepreneurs are marketing their meat secretly.

The owner of the supermarket would not reveal how he got the meat. Testifying in Australian police said the businessman who managed the meat with film director Steven Spielberg, but police did not fall in this release.

Either way, it looks affordable. I want one. :P

What a wonderful menagerie! Who would believe that such as register lay buried in the strata? To open the leaves, to unroll the papyrus, has been an intensely interesting though difficult work, having all the excitement and marvelous development of a romance. And yet the volume is only partly read. Many a new page I fancy will yet be opened. -- Edward Hitchcock, 1858

Formerly known on the forum as Crimsonraptor

@Diplotomodon on Twitter

It relates to a promotion for something called "VitaFresh" technology used in Bosch's new range of freezers. There's a video here:

http://io9.com/55751...saur-leg-please

Personally, I found the meat a bit of an acquired taste. Tasted a bit like stale unicorn.

Edited by painshill

Roger

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew);Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who [Rudyard Kipling]

Personally, I found the meat a bit of an acquired taste. Tasted a bit like stale unicorn.

That's just because you haven't had it cooked right. You should teast it the way my Mom cooks it. :P

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

Young dinosaurs are much more tender, they get tough and gamey as they get older. :D

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett

• 1 year later...
This news was published in Brazil, for a humor site, G17.

This website creates fake news. The website is called G17, in allusion to G1 (largest news portal in Brazil that belongs

Globo Organizations - TV, Radio and Newspapers).

www.g17.com.br (humor site with fake news.)

News site of Globo Organizations: http://g1.globo.com/

Should try it served with a few brachiopods in a lemon, butter and stigmaria sauce!

Edited by Kman100

-kevin

Should try it served with a few brachiopods in a lemon, butter and stigmaria sauce!

A note to any one who might actually try: brachiopods are completely inedible.post-423-0-07793200-1394235834.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!