More Paleo Art

chele

I have been painting more now that days are cold. It has been raining and snowing making it hard to go out and collect. I am going to have to make a trip to Billings to buy more canvas! Any suggestions as to paint next would be great. I love getting input from members.

post-5476-0-27173600-1352049089_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-98268700-1352049109_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-65033100-1352049152_thumb.jpg

Chelebele

terrific Chele, I love the 3rd one! :)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Wow ! excellent paintings , I paint a bit myself (Oils) but not to your excellent standard , whats your favourite medium water colours , oils etc ? Id personally love to see some marine scenes , or maybe ice age scenes

"A man who stares at a rock must have a lot on his mind... or nothing at all'

Outstanding, as always. :thumbsu:

I'd suggest painting your triceratops in a natural scene. What better background for your finished find than one of your outstanding paintings?

By the way, I assume since winter is moving in, you'll be able to have more time for prepping your triceratops. Taking the liberty of speaking on behalf of the other FF members, we'd love to see updates on your progress.

SWard
Southeast Missouri

(formerly Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX)

USA

Wow!

One word: Mosasaurs!

That would be pretty sweet.

Do you ever sell any of your work?

Wow!

One word: Mosasaurs!

That would be pretty sweet.

Do you ever sell any of your work?

Thank you. I had done a Mosasaur a while back. One of the members(Sharkbyte) had done a trade for it. I also had posted some paintings in the trade/sell section a while back.

Chelebele

Nice work as always, Chele.

I always like paintings that take into consideration all the flora and fauna of a particular formation and reconstruct a scene. A little Ginkgo, Glyptostrobus or whatever, insects in the foreground, larger animal(s) in mid-background... whatever is found in the formation.

great job Chelle, I always enjoy seeing your work. I was complaining last week about having to travel 20 mins for decent art supplies, just curious, how far is your trip for canvas

How about an ite (ammonite,trilobite). Something that's not dying or fighting. Maybe an ancient, marine, love affair. ;)

Mikey

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

great job Chelle, I always enjoy seeing your work. I was complaining last week about having to travel 20 mins for decent art supplies, just curious, how far is your trip for canvas

Thank you. I have a six hour round trip to get my supplies!

Chelebele

Superb work, chele! Just putting in MY two cents worth...I'd love to see some scenes of the Miocene and/or Pliocene terrestrial faunas! There are a few good pictures out there of whales and sharks of that age but, as far as I know, very few depicting a scene in the North American mid-section. Of course...one scene I've always wanted to see would show a couple of Homotherium (scimitar cats of the Pleistocene) stalking a baby mammoth while its mother and the rest of the herd try to protect it.

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

Me too I prefer the 1st one ! :thumbsu:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Chele, I would say how about a painting of some Triceratops'! I'm sure you could get some inspiration from your recent Trike finds.

Daryl.

Archived