Fossil Find May Document Largest Snake

Guest Nicholas

the snake “would have had trouble fitting though the door into your office,”

:o >shudder<

Now I have some idea of what it feels like to be a mouse...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wow thats insane!! Actually I might have to change my username because I am in the process of selling off my snake collection.Very cool article though!You wouldn't have a chance in a million of surviving an attack from that serpent.

B

...I might have to change my username because I am in the process of selling off my snake collection....

What?! Why (if I may be so bold as to ask)?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Estimating size from a few vertebrae and fragmented ribs is very tricky business. I'm sure they used the best model available, which would be modern. Still, body-form is variable among even modern boids; and, a 42-foot, 2,800-pound snake strains credulity. Let's see how this paper, if and when it's published, withstands peer review.

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

What?! Why (if I may be so bold as to ask)?

Well ,I have been keeping serpents for a very long time now. I used to be able to pay for the herp-hobby with the proceeds from the sale of the babies that I produced. Times have changed and cal king babies go for $15 each at the wholesalers.And mice are way more expensive etc;. I also house them in one of my spare bedrooms in my house."I'd like to have my room back"! . Also, I can't tell you how many chicks give you the cold shoulder when you tell them that you have a room full of snakes!!!!! LOL

Don't worry I'm keeping Speed Bump :)

Reading between the lines there, one consideration sort of leaps out...

Decision-making 101...lessee, babes or snakes, babes or snakes...

Snakes are cheaper...but let's go with BABES.

Is that pretty much what we're seein' here?

Reading between the lines there, one consideration sort of leaps out...

Decision-making 101...lessee, babes or snakes, babes or snakes...

Snakes are cheaper...but let's go with BABES.

Is that pretty much what we're seein' here?

A perhaps not-too-peripheral consideration: babes are soft and warm and smell nice.

Archived