Brain Structure Provides Key To Unraveling Function Of Bizarre Dinosaur Crests

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

ScienceDaily (Oct. 16, 2008) — Paleontologists have long debated the function of the strange, bony crests on the heads of the duck-billed dinosaurs known as lambeosaurs. The structures contain incredibly long, convoluted nasal passages that loop up over the tops of their skulls.

Find the article HERE!

Good article, when I seen those nasal passages it made me wonder it they ever got sinus infections? Boy would that be bad.

That's a good piece of research (none of which would have been possible without today's computers)!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hahaha, thats amazing. I watched that presentation last week. I just flew back from the SVP meeting in Cleveland this morning. I probably only got about 10 hours of sleep the entire week. I gave a talk at SVP yesterday as well...

Bobby

Guest bmorefossil
That's a good piece of research (none of which would have been possible without today's computers)!

yes, i think it wasnt to long ago that one of the forums members had a tooth put through a cat scan pretty cool!

Archived