Post Your Favorite Field Photos

Uncle Siphuncle

Here is one of my favorites

post-22-1224261832_thumb.jpg

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Speaking of dirty.....

I guess we know where his boy gets it...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

That's right, I'm not the stuffed shirt, golfing at the country club type...

Grüße,

Well, my favorite field photo is my avatar. (There's a sharks tooth in my pocket. Honest).

post-423-1224272643_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Well, my favorite field photo is my avatar. (There's a sharks tooth in my pocket. Honest).

Cool, I had always wondered what was going on in the picture...I'm blind and can't see the tiny avatar.

I too had not realized that the avatar depicted raptor banding at it's giddiest. Very cool. But what you ought to do is at least glue a coupla forams on the bands or something, just to link your avocations.

Do you hunt with those guys? I go a couple of times a year with my brother-in-law. He currently hunts a goshawk but he's had redtails, a Harris, a Cooper's and a crazy Peregrin. He still has the Peregrin but she's mental! He's hoping to get her into a breeding program.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

I always thought those were two huge large mouth bass for some reason :blush:

Now I know

Do you hunt with those guys? ...

No, I'm catch & release. That pic is from the Cape May Raptor Banding Project. My week this year starts tomorrow :D

I always thought those were two huge large mouth bass for some reason...

I wish the avatars would enlarge when clicked on; there are so many beauties I'd like a really good look at.

I once emailed Auspex about his avatar. I thought the stick off to one side was the barrel of a big gun he was brandishing menacingly. He did live in Texas after all...

Grüße,

...I thought the stick off to one side was the barrel of a big gun he was brandishing menacingly. He did live in Texas after all...

No need to brandish menacingly; not being a violent person, I prefer to insert the bullets manually. Makes less noise that way.

I guess we know where his boy gets it...

Having been on a few trips with Dan, I can assure you that Weston comes by it honestly. :P

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Guest solius symbiosus

I'm thinking with my eye sight being so poor, that I have seen that pic before. I seen to recall "speaking" to him about the glass around his neck... or, perhaps, I meant to bring it up.

Since Justin (Jax) already posted the one I had in mind @ first, I had to choose another one:

My son showing off his first Hemipneustes striatoradiatus:

post-456-1224313354_thumb.jpg

"And the men who hold high places, Must be the ones to start

To mould a new reality, Closer to the Heart"

(Rush, "Closer to the Heart" from the album "A Farewell to Kings")

This is from the Blue Forest collecting petrified wood out in southwest Wyoming last summer.

post-757-1224629177_thumb.jpg

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

here is my favorite. on the "wall" at dinosaur national monument shortly before it was closed for the unsafe condition of the building.

Brock

post-37-1224629754_thumb.jpg

Archived