Sometimes They Come In Pairs

sward

I had a chance to visit my hillside again today. Apparently Dan and Ms. Brett didn't get everything while we were there Sunday and left me some. :P

Dan was able to identify it as definitely Grayson Formation, so now I know for sure. Thanks Dan.

I found the normal variety of shark teeth, fish verts, a few echies, and another ryncholite.

post-6450-0-26130100-1352840731_thumb.jpg

And sometimes it just seems that the fossils come in pairs:

post-6450-0-47716700-1352840806_thumb.jpg post-6450-0-07387900-1352840845_thumb.jpgpost-6450-0-39375600-1352840961_thumb.jpg

In the famous words of one of our members...

Good Times!

SWard
Southeast Missouri

(formerly Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX)

USA

There is certainly a lot going on in those pictures, reminds me a bit of the Oxford Clay, picking out small fossils everywhere. Exposures like that are always a pleasure to collect from and it looks like your time paid off with those gorgeous finds. Well done!

Regards,

looks like someone had a few mua ha ha moments over there! are you sure that sunshine alone doesnt erode out fossils at your site???

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Nice teeth, looks like a belly crawl might be in order----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Nice teeth, looks like a belly crawl might be in order----Tom

Tom,

That's what today was. I've picked the area over pretty heavily by just walking. I figured it was time to get down on my hands and knees to find the small stuff.

SWard
Southeast Missouri

(formerly Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX)

USA

Archived