There Are Many I Know---But This Is Mine

PRK

I lived in calif for a goodly part of my younger years, and therefore collected STH many years. then I moved a thousand miles away and raised a family. My youngest son(now 30) had grown up hearing stories of STH, and my STH collection itself, and so, was quite interested in the area. When he was old enough he couldnt wait to be out on his own. We don't spend a lot of time with each other lately

On one return from Tucson ('05)we decided to stop by the locale for a few hours. Everything, luck wise, seemed to be lining up. The car coincidently turned over 200k right when we drove through Bakersfield, and my son was with me his one and only time there.

Edited by PRK

Thanks for the snap that brings memories of my dad and I. When he could, we would explore new places together.

Bottle collecting or fishing, fossil hunting and mineral prospecting, or just watching the odometer turn over. Lots of good times.

Oh yeah, by the way, AWESOME TOOTH :D

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Nice tooth!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Awesome rare California tooth. When the children leave the nest we wish that the old times of hunting together would continue but they live in a different time and sometimes their interests of the old days fades a little. Hopefully the flame of father and son hunts might be ignited again even if the flame doesn't burn as bright as before. Thanks for the post----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

PRK-

not sure on the "Result"... maybe an aussieism, but "snarge" is a silly word that the program this forum is set up with uses to basically say "expletive deleted". maybe edd said d a m m with an n? Or "Holy Toledo"

Edited by jpc

lol, I thought the tff members just typed s n a r g e to make up a new expletive. I could come up with a few for that tooth though :wub:

PRK-

not sure on the "Result"... maybe an aussieism, but "snarge" is a silly word that the program this forum is set up with uses to basically say "expletive deleted". maybe edd said d a m m with an n? Or "Holy Toledo"

Just means 'good outcome'.