Pyritized Blastoids With Pyritized Eldredgeops Roller

triarthrus

I may as well post the companion plate as well. I think it's about as good as it gets! At least 16 blastoids, one small crinoid and a beautiful pyritized nose to tail Eldredgeops roller!

Enjoy!

post-10535-0-70273000-1353945214_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Holy @#%*. A true museum specimen from my backyard. That deserves a publication my friend.

mikey

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

:faint:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Found in Erie County, NYS. Can't say too much else. One single storm bed. Mostly pyritized trilobites. Very similar to the Hunsruck in Germany in preservation. This is the end result of a summer's work on the lease. No clue the blastoids would be so exceptional.

I'll second Auspex's post, along with a Holy @#$%^ of my own. Awesome piece, and welcome to the forum.

Northern Sharks aka Skip Taspis aka Kevin

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

great find, fun prep work. i love any and all pyritized fossils.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

are these NY pyrites stable, or do they decompose?

Edit: Now that I think about it, I found a pyrite brachiopod out there decades ago and it is still in good shape. But still, I would like to hear about the pyrite from your site.

Edited by jpc

are these NY pyrites stable, or do they decompose?

Edit: Now that I think about it, I found a pyrite brachiopod out there decades ago and it is still in good shape. But still, I would like to hear about the pyrite from your site.

Check out gold-bugs.com.

mikey

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

Unbelieveable!! I've seen a lot of cool stuff on this website, but I don't think I've ever seen something that took my breath away like this!

Ramo

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

An absolutely amazing piece , one of the nice invertebrate plates I have ever seen..... spectacular

Congratulations! One of the most impressive devonian fossils I've ever seen!

I know the Hunsrueck shale (less than 100 km away from me) - however, as far as the beauty of the pyrite preservation is concerned, your specimen looks superior to the Hunsrueck material.

You mentioned in your other post "soft tissue preservation". It would be very interesting to see pics of those specimens. Each case of soft tissue preservation is outstanding and may be of scientific interest, possibly answering open questions, and may even deserve scientific publication.

araucaria1959

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, just amazing----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"