Jurassic Dinosaur Gembone Inlay S S Rings

PRK

I have been collecting over 40 yrs. throughout these years of fossil mineral shows, each time I usually pick up a couple nuggets along the way. Now that I've hurt my knee, I can no longer "prospect" in the field as I used to, so I now rely on my lapidary and jewelry skills. It seems that I have accumulated quite a treasuretrove of quality rocks. I am a hardcore fossil collector, and When people would ask me "oh, whadya want that for" I would tell them " I'm saving (rocks) for a rainy day". Well it's raining, and now I just do my collecting up in the attic. Lucky for me, a lot of the material is no longer available at the shows.I use a great variety of material in my jewelry but lately one of my favorite stones to work with is Dino gembone.

post-9950-0-70436500-1354124818_thumb.jpg

I use only small pieces that are absolutely unidentifiabl and only chips that have been exposed to the elements for eons

post-9950-0-64957000-1354303819_thumb.jpg

post-9950-0-83108200-1354304088_thumb.jpg

Mmmmmmm, gem bone.... :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived