Jewelry Armoire Fossil Display

Bev

post-9628-0-73884800-1354052255_thumb.jpg post-9628-0-93563700-1354052292_thumb.jpg

Here is an inexpensive jewelry armoire, $59, but I have seen them as cheap as $39 and of course way more expensive! About 34 inches tall. I've kind of set it up with fossils to give you an idea for a display.

It would work a lot better with smaller fossils than I seem to collect :) The very top has a ring area that would be ideal for sharks teeth, claws, that kind of thing.

The drawers could be left slightly open for display, or not.

The "wings" for necklaces could be set up very nicely with screwable Ls to display fossils. The backs are definitely heavy enough to screw into and hold larger fossils.

And it could have fossils under it as well, perhaps even back lit.

There are different types and sizes, colors of course inside and out. I personally hate the color pink, but if you have darker colored fossils a buff might be nice.

Jewelry boxes in general could be used for nice fossil display cases. They will be cheap after Xmas!

After I bought this one, it seems a little femmy for fossils and I found another (Target online) that has more masculine/modern hardware. Or do I just want to keep this one for my jewelry!? LOL

But it doesn't hurt to throw out ideas. Someone may benefit :)

Bev

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts:

Nice idea. It looks like it makes a great display.

There's a bunch of creative people on this forum and you're one of them.

SWard
Southeast Missouri

(formerly Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX)

USA

Great display idea.

Thanks for posting it :)

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Hey, that's good idea! I made a crab wall plaque last week for my brother and my wife found a shadow-box type of glass table that we filled with fossils. I'm sure we'll see more good ideas from other members. :)

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

That crab wall plaque you made is what inspired me to do the jewelry armoire! "Plaques" on both doors!

Thank YOU!

Bev ;)

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts: