Dusting Off The Golden Drool Bucket

Auspex

The Golden Drool Bucket is an unofficial Forum award, initiated and presented by me for the most insanely awesome (according to me) things that occasionally grace our boards. It has been let out of the closet for extraordinary finds, superb and comprehensive site collections, magnificent preparation and presentation, whatever floats my leaky boat. The recurring requisite seems to be that I be incapable of getting the subject of the award out of my mind.

That rare ringing in my ears has moved me to dust off the D' Bucket, this time for a fossil site; a new and undisclosed location in Erie County, New York. Two examples of specimens from this site accompany the presentation (as if you need to be reminded!).

post-423-0-03764500-1355005933_thumb.jpg

LINK

post-423-0-50148700-1355005985_thumb.jpg

LINK

I'm hoping that we will be treated to pictures of more specimens from this incredible site by its discoverer, triarthrus! Markus, in recognition of the overall awesomeness of the fossils from your new location, I offer you the Golden Drool Bucket Award.

post-423-0-50873700-1355006011_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

That is really one very nice piece. I would be in just utter shock if I found something like that.

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

Well deserved, that is one of the best things I've seen on here in a while, and there is no shortage of nice things..

Now that I look at it again, I'm curious about the 'cross section' view of the 1/2 head at upper right.

Yep. Jaws are dropping, drool is dripping. Aptly named award.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Think the bucket is filling fast----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"