Butvar

PrehistoricFlorida

Guest bmorefossil
Anybody know where I can buy some? Need 1 or 2 kg (however much that is... lol).

have you tried ebay?

they might sell it on there, but i know my dad has some good sites he was using to look for some, really cheap

if you need a consolidant and it is not necessarily a must for butvar, www.bhigr.com sells vinac and paraloid beads for a reasonable price.

brock

if you need a consolidant and it is not necessarily a must for butvar, www.bhigr.com sells vinac and paraloid beads for a reasonable price.

brock

I've used both, and I like Vinac better. Seems to thin easier and doesn't get as "gloppy"

Depending on what your trying tp preserve, the Duco/Acetone solution is the easiest and cheapest meathod. It works great

"If you find yourself lost in the woods, build a house! This will strongly improve your perdicament."

I'm not the one who needs it, personally I use paraffin. I just have a customer asking for some...

Thats a relief; the first thing through my head was "Two kilos of Butvar?! What's he found now ?"

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!