Unknown Fossil Tooth

NashDash

Hello all! First of all, Thank You for your time and expertise in advance. Second, I have purchased this fossil tooth and have no idea what it is from. I'm thinking a shark of course, but what kind has me stumped.

Ideas?post-10766-0-91220400-1357251500_thumb.jpg

Otodus obliquus, a widely distributed Mackerel Shark, lived from about 65-45 million years before present.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

These teeth are super abundant from Morocco. As such, nice specimens around the size of your specimen can be easily found for around $25 on places like eBay or other online fossil sites that sell shark teeth. Since yours is still in what appears to be the original matrix, sometimes that makes it a bit more valuable (to some folks), and therefore, the price might be a little higher. Every time I go on vacation in places near the ocean (Nags Head, Ocean City, Myrtle Beach, etc), I always see these Moroccan sharks teeth for sale in the typical shell/gift shops.