The Fosil Reptil Or Snake Body Split.

Hengky

I can't see any of the bones within that lot. If you are looking for fossils, think about what would be preserved, and what would not. The hard bits are the bits you find, like teeth and bones. But the soft bits like skin, organs etc rarely preserve, and when they do, they do not look anything like that.

Where did you find it? What age is it?

Regards,

Hi Kosmoceras,

Thank you so much for your comment, and I really appreciate it.

first of all I just want to tell you what I found on some fossils intact. many people in our area who are looking for ways to solve money and took the stone from the mountain limestone, and myself are finding some of the fossils that are still intact in the limestone mountain.

If you look at the first picture, there is a white color and it is the remaining part of the bone. but the bone as a whole was not there I do not know. For fossil age I do not know, but I estimate the age of fossils is very long maybe thousands of years because the fossils found in the limestone mountains, means that before there ever existed limestone mountain.

Hopefully pleased,

Regards and keep the spirit.

Sorry, not a fossil snake.

Another chunk of limestone.

Possibly some shell bits in there, but no bone.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Please, trust us that these 'whole-body fossils' you are posting are just suggestively shaped pieces of weathered limestone.

If you cannot accept that, then I urge you to take them to a museum for identification.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I also agree, not a snake fossil. The white things inside may be bits of shell, or maybe bone, but bone has a very distinctive texture and look. And rarely fossilizes in white. Clam shell on the other hand often fossilizes with its original white color. Rocks do come in all sorts of funny shapes, many of which often look like three dimensional animal parts, but as others have suggetsed, the soft parts rarely fossilize. When we say rarely, we are talking about a dozen sites in the whole world. Sure there may be a new site waiting to be discovered in a limestone mountain in Indonesia, but from your fossils, we all don't think so. As I said in another post, your echinoid is a nice specimen. Look for more of that sort of thing. And the bird skull does seem to have some sort of fossil along the edge, and maybe going into the rock. It looks like the fossil at oyur site willbe not so much the shape of the rock, but as you did suggest in the bird skullpost, they will be mostly hidden in the rock, and you can see only an edge poking out her or there.

Does this all make sense?

Keep on searching and good luck.

To be totally honest, they're not even that suggestively shaped. I honestly don't see anything remotely snake/reptile like in there, whole body or skeletal. I'm sorry, but we see this happen every now and then - you're not the first person to post pictures of strangely shaped rocks and suggest that they are whole bodies of various vertebrates.

Why, there was some whacky guy in Alabama or Missississippi a few years ago - can't remember if it was on here of fossilweb - who was digging out these weirdly shaped limestone concretions out from Pleistocene-age deposits that vaguely resembled animal heads and legs. He had made up his mind already, and after he posted about thirty or forty of these things without listening to other opinions, he got really mad and explained how much money he had spent removing them from construction sites, getting in the way of heavy machinery, and that he had injured himself and put himself in great danger to retrieve them. Which is ironic, because that doesn't make them any more fossils than if he hadn't. I remember one concretion was about two meters long and several hundred pounds and he claimed it was a dinosaur leg.

Boesse, I have a whole file on that guy somewhere around in the office.

Edited by RichW9090

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

Rich, I would love to see some of those photos and posts again on a rainy day sometime.

Hi all,

thank you very much for your feedback and comments from you all. I hope to learn a lot here and I look forward to sharing information about what I found.

Regards and keep the spirit,

Hengky

Hengky-

yes, this is a great place to learn, and your echinoid is indeed a cool fossil, but the others... I, like boesse, was reminded of the same guy who was on the California FF (before this one stared up). My favorite of his was his owl... yes a lr=arge owl-shaped rock.

Where you are, look more for shells and other marine remains, not complete animals